DISCOVER THE VILLAGE
The Village and Freedom Village are unique because both communities are debt free. The owners paid off the mortgages in the early years of operation. Today there is no mortgage owed to any financial institution. Even during economic downturns, The Village and Freedom Village residents know their homes are secure.
THE VILLAGE NEIGHBORHOOD: RETIREMENT LIVING WITH A VARIETY OF CHOICES
- Café Bakeries: Polly’s Bakery Café, Panera Bread, Downtown Deli & Coffee Company, Destination Coffee Bar & Bistro
- Restaurants: Applebee’s, Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, The Habit, Blaze Bistro Pizza, Chili’s Grill & Bar, IHOP, Lemongrass Asian Cuisine, Denny’s, Mia’s Country Kitchen, Steer & Stein, and many more.
- The Hemet Valley Mall – JC Penney, Sears, Hobby Lobby, Foot Locker, Daniel’s Jewelers, GNC and more
- Regal Hemet Cinema 12
- Grocery Stores: Stater Bros., Smart & Final, Sprouts Farmers Market, WinCo Foods, Grocery Outlet Bargain Market
- Super Walmart, Joanne’s Fabrics, Target, Ross, See’s Candy, Marshalls, Burlington
- The Hemet Public Library
- Restaurants: Dattilo Ristorante Italiano, Los Vaquero’s Cantina & Grill, Sizzler and more
Adventure . . .
Countless possibilities are awaiting to be discovered within fifteen minutes to an hour or so drive. Even better you’ll have, interesting neighbors eager to explore with you.
A scenic 24-mile drive through the San Jacinto Mountains will bring you to Idyllwild, a quaint mountain village nestled among the tall pines, sweet smelling cedars and legendary rocks. Great for hikers and rock climbers are Tahquitz and Suicide Rocks which attracts beginners as well as seasoned rock climbing professionals.
In August, the Idyllwild Arts presents Jazz in the Pines, featuring dozens of jazz, blues and R&B bands along with several artisans showcasing their hand-made creations. Locally owned shops and restaurants are there for you to explore year-round.
Performing Arts and Museums
- Ramona Bowl Amphitheatre – Established in 1923 and Home of North America’s longest running outdoor Musical Drama, “Ramona”, the Bowl is a genuine historic landmark and a California treasure – 4 miles.
- Fingerprints Youth Museum – 2 miles
- San Jacinto Battle Monument and Museum of History
- Santa Fe Train Depot Historical Site and Hemet Museum
- Western Science Center
- Diamond Valley Lake Visitor Center/ Bike Trails/Fishing
- Soboba Hot Springs – Originally developed in the 1880’s and acquired in 1913 by the Gilman family which is now Gilman Hot Springs.
Golf, Fishing and Casino Resorts
- Seven Hills Golf Course
- Hemet Golf Club
- Echo Hills Golf Course
- Diamond Valley Golf Club
- Golden Era Golf Course
- The Country Club at Soboba Springs
- Diamond Valley Lake Marina – Fishing
- Soboba Casino
- Temecula Valley Mall – The Promenade
- Desert Hills Premium Outlets, Cabazon
- Palm Springs
- The Gardens on El Paseo & El Paseo Village, Palm Desert
- Westfield Shopping Mall, Palm Desert
Wine Country, Air Balloon Adventures & Jazz
- Temecula Wine Country with over 50 wineries
- Air Balloon Adventures
- Champagne Jazz Series, in Temecula Valley Wine Country
- Lake Skinner Recreation Area (Temecula Valley), home of the Temecula Valley Balloon & Wine Festival
- Ontario International Airport (ONT) – 48 miles
- Palm Springs International Airport (PSP) – 48 miles
- Hemet-Ryan Airport – hosts local air shows – 2.6 miles